Looking for that ‘Beachcomber Vibe’? Our brand-new Tiki thatch panels are the perfect way to add a slice of paradise to your hut. Be it a Tiki Bar, garden shed or outside garden structure this thatch can be layered to create that shabby beach shack look creating an awesome dappled shade when the sun shines.
The leaves are harvested from Coconut palms, dried and then the stems are split before being woven and glued to create this unique thatch. These are sold as a pack of 5 units.
• Coconut Palm Leaf Thatch Tiles
• Sold as a pack of x 5 units
• Suitable for use indoors and out.
• Approximate dimensions: Width of thatch tile (from stem to stem) 120 CMS / length (from stem to leaf tip) 45 CMS to 65 CMS. Due to the fact this is an actual leaf that is woven some panels are tapered and the woven portion of panel can be 50 CM at one end to 30 CMS at the other with 15 CMS of fringe. The thickness of each palm thatch panel is 1.5 CMS
• If required these thatch panels can be treated with a fire-retardant spray for use indoors, contact https://www.fireproofspray.co.uk/ for information on the products they supply that are suitable for this.
We recommend layering these thatch panels at 30 CM intervals for the best overall look. They can be easily attached using a staple gun or nails on top a bamboo or wooden frame or tied using garden wire if they are not a permanent feature. Layering should start from the bottom edge of the roof and finish at the highest point. To finish we recommend using a split half bamboo pole to cover any joins.
How long will it last?
It is difficult to say but in Northern climates there will be a degree of degradation from the wet and windy weather, but we generally only hear from people wanting a top up their thatch after 1-2 years of installation. To stop the wind, and the birds seeing it as bedding you can always add a net or mesh to secure it.
N.B Shipping costs on this product are reflective of the dimensions of the overall parcel which can only be handled by certain couriers, recent events have meant that courier charges have soared in this oversized parcel bracket so just as soon as we see these decrease, we will ensure our customers are the first to benefit. Current delivery times for light and large parcels are 7-10 days from dispatch but if you are in the vicinity and can collect from either N16 7NJ or CM3 8BP, then leave a note on your order and we will refund the shipping charges and call you to arrange collection.